A brief overview of experience and skills acquired.
2016 Shadowing Work Experience
- Shadowing the sports production team during live commentary and post-match analysis of football matches
- Trained on the editing and play-out software; VCS
- Driven the desk for two commentaries and responsible for switching between outside sources, studio, news and travel bulletins, and pre-recorded interviews and audio.
2016- Present Contributor
- Writing articles for new website Be in Sync aimed at 15-29 year olds including sports and television reviews.
2014- Present Freelance Production
- Recording on-location at events and editing into small highlights package
- Recording interviews
- Editing audio into features and broadcast-ready material
- Presented, produced, edited and researched a weekly one-hour sports magazine programme
- Presented a live commentary during the FIFA World Cup
- Arranged and recorded interviews in the studio and on-location
- Created and produced features for programmes, both live and pre-recorded
- Held the role of Head of Marketing for the station
- Shortlisted as part of the team for SRA as Best Station
2011 Work Placement
- Acted as a Broadcast Assistant for the daytime schedule
- Updated the webiste to ensure it was up-to-date and user friendly
- Researched news and events for the Breakfast Show’s “Retro Years” feature
- Resourced audio and repurposed using Adobe Audition to be broadcast
- Editing pre-recorded interviews and prepared presenter’s cues
- Prepared running orders for the Breakfast show
- Registering the station’s music reporting to comply with PRS licensing
- Presented my own one-hour programme on the student union station
- Prepared running orders and content for the programme
- Responsible for operating the desk and using Myriad to play out music and idents.
2008 Work Experience
- Created promotional adverts and jingles
- Shadowed the daytime presenters
- Shadowed the news team
- Adobe Audition, Adobe InDesign, Microsoft Office, Audacity, Enco Dad and Myriad
- Handheld digital recorders and studio desk operation.
Time Management & Organisation Skills
- Programme planning, creating running orders and able to adhere to deadlines
- Interviewing, presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Adept at adapting information or communicating new ideas clearly based on the intended recipients
- Extensive knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Tumblr, Instagram and Pintrest
- Understanding of social media convergence to attract new audiences
- Learn new skills quickly, adapt to new programmes and technology. Able to multi-task and juggle tasks on priority.